Monday, March 06, 2006

I Don't Wear a Kippah - Yet

Though I have many Orthodox friends, and I pray at an Orthodox synagogue (on days when Church of the Tree Frog isn't holding services), and I participate in rituals such as Kaparos -- swinging a live chicken around my head in the middle of the kitchen as my children scatter in fear -- I still have not fully embraced Orthodoxy. For example, I don't wear a Kippah. My hair rocks. It looks great. I don't want to take off the Kippah at night and have Kippah-head-hair.

I can't do it yet. Maybe when I start losing my hair. Ask me then.

4 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Blogger Yael K said...

I'm on the floor, ay yi yi this is great!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Someone doesn't know Jack very well!

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does he wear a kippah? I heard he wears a frog hat.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jack's Shack said...

I can't do it yet. Maybe when I start losing my hair.

If only that were true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home